- I'm a zero-generation Asian - First immigrated to Toronto, Canada when I was 10 and came to the States right before high school. Been living in the greater Los Angeles area ever since!
- I dislike answering phone calls - I constantly check things on my iPhone throughout the day, but I'm notorious for not picking up my calls. Even my Mom knows to leave me a voicemail if she needs to talk to me, and I definitely am easier to reach through email. Nothing to do with iPhone call quality, I just don't like dropping whatever I'm in the middle of to be at someone's beck and call. It also might have something to do with going through internship and getting paged every 5 minutes that really solidified my distaste for ringing objects lol.
- I'm a Sinophile - I'm 100% Vietnamese, but my parents say I should've been born Chinese lol. I grew up watching (dubbed) Chinese dramas, started listening to Chinese music in my teens, and fell in love with the Mandarin language. I did a second major in Chinese during college and studied abroad in Beijing for a semester. And while I'm super rusty at speaking it, I still understand enough to be able to watch Chinese dramas hehe. And yes, hubby is Chinese (Taiwanese really)... but no, that's not why I married him ;)
- I'm not a big fan of ice cream *gasp* - I knoooow... how can I still call myself a woman lol. I enjoy it occasionally but it's not something I ever really crave. I do love desserts, but generally prefer salty snacks with a soda or fruit to go with.
- I'm a couch potato - When not working, shopping online or blogging, you'll most likely find me parked in front of the TV watching all kinds of shows, movies, and Asian dramas. Don't really have a favorite anything, and watch a variety of shows including a lot of fluff like America's Next Top Model, Survivor, Project Runway, The Apprentice, etc. I also love HGTV and will watch it all day when I'm at any place that has cable.
- I'm pretty sure I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome - I've always been a night owl, and left to my own devices will tend to go to sleep at 3-4 am and wake up around noon. But sadly I do have to conform to the normal work schedule and therefore get more and more sleep-deprived as the week progresses. I usually sleep for 11-12 hours on my days off to "catch up" and frequently will not be up until early afternoon.
- I've been in "school" for 22+ years - And I still have at least 2-3 more years to go before I'm deemed competent enough to do my job. That said, I don't regret choosing medicine, and I wouldn't want to do anything other than my specialty. And even though residency feels like working AND being in school, finally getting a paycheck helps a bit :)
Now it's tag time! I hope these ladies will participate so I can learn more about them!
And finally, what's a blog post without a picture! I've been really good at resisting the LOFT and Ann Taylor F&F sale, but I have to admit that I've been eyeing this LOFT Scallop Edge Lace Skirt they recently added:
It's still a bit expensive at $56 after the 30% off though, and I'm afraid if I try it I will want to keep it!